As a part of the Fintech week, QuantUniversity is proud to offer the first Data Science for Finance Crash Course.
The goal of this course is to offer data science and fintech enthusiasts a hand-on practical case study to understand the power of Data Science in Finance.
We will be using the Lending club data set to build a credit risk model using machine learning techniques. Python experience is not required to attend the course but useful. We will be posting additional reading materials as we get close.
Participants who complete all 4 Modules and complete the post-workshop quiz will be awarded a QuantUniversity's Data science for Finance mini-certificate
1. All contents will be in Python. A Python tutorial will be posted prior to course
2. Please plan to attend all sessions. We will plan to stream this class live and also record it.
3. No software installations required. Bring a working laptop with a browser
4. We will offer prizes to the best submissions
5. To be eligible for the certificate, you will have to record a 5 min You-tube video demonstrating that you completed all the 4 labs.
1. Speaking Data Science with an investment accent - CFA Magazine, Cynthia Harrington
2. Machine Learning, an intuitive foundation, Sri Krishnamurthy
3. Kaggle Lending Club challenge
The course is OPEN PRICE. We are charging a minimum fee to cover administrative costs for the certificate and to subsidize students through the QuantUniversity's "Analytics for a cause initiative".
If you can't afford the fee but would like to attend, apply for a scholarship here QuantUniversity's "Analytics for a cause initiative.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact us at Sri.firstname.lastname@example.org